What we do
Our charity model is unique. We combine original thinking, high-level strategy, and grassroots delivery, testing our ideas to ensure their practical application. As a research leader,
a source of strategic advice for policy makers, and a provider of practical services and training, we get involved in all parts of the change making process.
- First, we find the problems and opportunities. Engaging with older people (particularly the disadvantaged), authorities, and relevant organisations, we establish where the need is.
- Then, we create and develop pioneering solutions.
- Next, we evaluate, refine, and test our concepts, in partnership with older people.
- Once we have concrete results, we deliver proven solutions to service providers, policy makers, and older people.
- Finally, we transform life-enhancing projects into sustainable services and training programmes, then disseminate them, so that evidence-based practice can empower older people to improve their lives.
Our mission of being at the forefront of conducting cutting edge research, advising policy makers and initiating pioneering age-friendly programmes remains strong. We want everyone to enjoy a great later life, which means we as a society need to make changes at a strategic and practical level.